Additional Fees

My daughter was gifted a $50 vanilla gift card for her birthday.Unfortunately, it was filed away with the birthday greeting cards.

We recently unpacked the card and located the card, which truthfully we forgot about. However, now (4-yrs later :|) we tried to use the card and the balance available is zero. After talking on the phone with a customer service representative, it was made clear that there was a $2.50/ month fee assessed as a dormant fee. I thought i read an article that the gift card fees were deemed illegal?

Needless, to say I am disappointed. Partially, at myself for forgetting about the card in the first place, but I am also disappointed that someone spent $50 on a gift for my daughter but there is nothing to show for it because of these ridiculous fees by Vanilla. It seems unfair.

I normally do not purchase gift cards, with the exception of gifts for people I do not know personally.That said, in the future I will make sure I do not purchase Vanilla cards and that I look for gift cards that do not have fees except for my activation fee.

This reviewer shared experience about "unfair fees" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $50. The author is overall dissatisfied with Vanilla Visa. The most disappointing about vanilla visa gift card from Vanilla Visa was usd 50 value lost Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Vanilla Visa.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cards category for more informed decision or compare Vanilla Visa to other companies on our site.

Comments