4202 S Park Dr, Stony Plain, AB T7Z 1X8, Canada
1.1
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

My wife and I had been given two 75.00 Vanilla Prepaid Visa’s ( From Safeway Grocery Store)so we could enjoy an evening out at a restaurant for our Anniversary. The bill was $112.00 at the end of the evening.

So I went to pay for the dinner and said when I handed them the first 75.00 Visa card this has on it only 75.00 and thats what they put on the terminal, as I saw the 75.00 and swiped my Visa card. It was declined, they tried again. So I gave them the seconded one, it too was declined for the 75.00 ...they tried again, declined . So I just paid it with my own money.

( Sure defeats the purpose of having been given the cards) I get home and go on-line, it says I have $75.00 balance... so I call Vanilla and they said (after about 30 plus minutes) that Vanilla see’s that you are at a resturant and they automatically put on a 20% hold charge in case the resturant wants to pull a tip within the next 7 days( I had already left a cash tip on the table), so In realty the system was wanting to authorize 90.00 not the 75.00 for the actually amount on the card. Hence both cards getting declined. So After me not wanting to get off the phone with them as all the other answers were just made for you to want to throw away your cards.

I had it escalated to a supervisor, (once I said I would be contacting SafeWay they did put me thru to a supervisor ) whom in the end told me that Vanilla Visa automatically declines the card if you try to use the full amount of the Visa Card balance at a restaurant, Bar and the like. So the next day I had went to SafeWay’s costumer service counter to complain and the lady there (a long time employee) said she gets these and other types of complaints all the time.

She said she will not buy one of those Vanilla Visa’s herself and has told all her family and friends not to buy those Cards either. In Alberta Canada Safeway Grocery Stores Suck, because they say they can not help you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vanilla Visa Prepaid Card.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: No support, See my complaint that i entered earlier in this form.

• Safeway Vanilla Prepaid Visa
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 12, 2016.

Comments