Vanilla Visa - Vanilla Debit Card
I purchased a Vanilla Debit Card at our local Stripes Store 701 IH 37/ 78401.i Attempted to register card and failed online registration.
I call toll free number on card. #1) I was told my info I provided online was not valid public info.
#2) I was told to send my identification such as State I.D. and Social Security number via e-mail or fax.
#3) I refused to do so because I have never encountered such problem with any other pre-paid debit card.
4) I asked for a full refund .
5) I was told that a check would be mailed to me in mail.
6) I was told that a fee of 9.95 would be deducted from refund check.
7) I was told refund check would take up to 3 weeks to process.
8) I asked to speak with supervisor.
9) I questioned the said supervisor and come to find out I was not speaking to a representative of bank tied to debit card but to an employee of a call center.
10) I was failed to be identified over phone because she told me it was against security policies.
11) Whom are they sending refund check to? Seriously?
12) I went back to Stripes formerly known as Circle K for a refund.
13) A full refund was denied so I am out of 86.00 total fee for a card of 3.95.
14) The said supervisor told me that card would be activated as a gift card so my opinion of being ripped off is made invalid because I can still use 75.00 loaded on to card.
15) I purchased card to pay a time sensitive bill online.
16) I have left card at store because I can not pay my bill, get tracking number or account number nor withdraw atm funds.
17) I have filed an online complaint to B.B.B.
18)I hope you people jump on the bandwagon and expose them to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREA
19)Last but not least my receipts / I have 2 / Read as follows
Amount 75.00 Fee 3.95 Total 78.95........ in Comm receipt
Amount 78.95 Tax 6.51 Total 85.46
WOW! I have been taxed on my money without I making a purchase.
I thought if any taxes would apply it would apply to purchase of card only
I have been screwed email@example.com
Review about: Vanilla Visa Debit Card.
I didn't like: Runaround and lost wages.
Review #742039 is a subjective opinion of a user.