I purchased a Vanilla Debit Card at our local Stripes Store 701 IH 37/ 78401.i Attempted to register card and failed online registration.
I call toll free number on card. #1) I was told my info I provided online was not valid public info.
#2) I was told to send my identification such as State I.D. and Social Security number via e-mail or fax.
#3) I refused to do so because I have never encountered such problem with any other pre-paid debit card.
4) I asked for a full refund .
5) I was told that a check would be mailed to me in mail.
6) I was told that a fee of 9.95 would be deducted from refund check.
7) I was told refund check would take up to 3 weeks to process.
8) I asked to speak with supervisor.
9) I questioned the said supervisor and come to find out I was not speaking to a representative of bank tied to debit card but to an employee of a call center.
10) I was failed to be identified over phone because she told me it was against security policies.
11) Whom are they sending refund check to? Seriously?
12) I went back to Stripes formerly known as Circle K for a refund.
13) A full refund was denied so I am out of 86.00 total fee for a card of 3.95.
14) The said supervisor told me that card would be activated as a gift card so my opinion of being ripped off is made invalid because I can still use 75.00 loaded on to card.
15) I purchased card to pay a time sensitive bill online.
16) I have left card at store because I can not pay my bill, get tracking number or account number nor withdraw atm funds.
17) I have filed an online complaint to B.B.B.
18)I hope you people jump on the bandwagon and expose them to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREA
19)Last but not least my receipts / I have 2 / Read as follows
Amount 75.00 Fee 3.95 Total 78.95........ in Comm receipt
Amount 78.95 Tax 6.51 Total 85.46
WOW! I have been taxed on my money without I making a purchase.
I thought if any taxes would apply it would apply to purchase of card only
I have been screwed email@example.com
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Runaround and lost wages
- Reason of review:
- Wrongly robbed of my actual last monies
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund at 701 IH 37 78401 I paid in cash not check! I left card at store I have no use for it!
- Product or service
- Vanilla Visa Debit Card
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Basically, I'm now a single mom, divorcing, last hearing July 15 and 17th, it has been *** as divorces are known to be, I have two big cc, discover and..."
- "i have used this service twice now to load funds onto my paypal prepaid mastercard. the reloadit packet clearly says immediate load to your chosen card. the first..."
- "On July 08, 2016, I went and withdrew 40.00 from my rushcard in Ducanville TX, after that I went to get a haircut in Lancaster TX, after that I went..."
- "I ordered 3 pizzas and 16 piece chicken wings. Our wings were not cooked all the way. ..."
- "I received in the mail a $10.00 package deal so I thought great I will give it a try since I had an antenna only tv service. Already..."
- " Kays had my ring for polishing for 2 weeks. got it back for 1 week and .25ct of my 1ct center fell out-clerk said it was a prong inside..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."
- "Shipping is in the time. If there is some problem with a product then they will help you to resolve it (replys to your message at 24 hours). You can..."