I purchased Visa Vanilla prepaid card for $ 100 at my local CVS (Sherman oaks, CA); paid the activation fee but then discovered a few weeks later that the card had not been activated. The card was a gift and the recipient tried to fix this issue on line and by calling VISA Vanilla customer service but to no avail.

She then decided to let me know that she was not able to use our gift of $ 100. I complained to VISA Vanilla, who referred me to the CVS store for an electronic copy of the receipt that includes the activation code. The CVS store could not provide an electronic copy of a purchase dating back to over 1 month, so they in turn referred me to CVS headquarters (available only during work hours). However, they told me that they have only had issues with VISA VANILLA and therefore have stopped selling it (which I discovered isn’t true, because I still found it on their gift card racks).

I have been in touch with CVS headquarters 3 times and have taken the issue to upper management but have not received the electronic copy yet.

So this means that CVS sells and activates VISA vanilla cards that do NOT work and that neither CVS nor VISA Vanilla stand behind their product. So the customer pays $ 100 for a product that cannot be used. This has been going on for 6 months now and I still have not received my money back. I will take legal action but in the meantime, I decided to share this experience to warn future customers.

There are many similar experiences with VISA VANILLA on customer review websites.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vanilla Visa Prepaid Card.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 23, 2015.

Comments

Same thing recently happened to me at Wal Greens. Luck for me it was only 20 dollars.

Im reading in the reviews where people have lost hundreds.

All the stores should just stop selling them. The reviews are horrible

Pacoima, California, United States #951553

I had the same issue with vanilla gift card at

walgreens... what a ripped off!!!